Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Journey Continues

Today we registered Elijah for preschool.  He won't start until August, but I can't tell you how excited we are for him.  Here come the school years!  He's definitely ready.  He has a natural love for learning and reminds me daily we've got "homework" to do--thank you Kumon and Cary Library!  Yep, I've been fulfilling my 4th grade fantasy to be a school teacher just like Mrs. Olivier.  Though it's more Romper Room than anything.

I have to say, I expected to feel sad that time passed quickly, but then I did savor every moment, taking to heart the advice from so many.  I've had the greatest fortune to stay home with him all these years.  (Thanks, Pops, for pulling the extra load! Without working extra hours either!)  I'm just as ready as Elijah to welcome a new phase in continuation of his journey.

I was watching him in Coach Paul's class today, giving off one of his typical deep, bellowing laughs, the kind with head thrown back and no signs of stopping.  I watched as it became contagious, as it always does--often drawing a good laugh from the coach or teacher who's trying to get him to stop and pay attention.  Well, I've been enjoying a million of these laughs.  I'm deeply grateful for the solid happiness he's had his first four years.  May it carry him through everything life has in store for him.

Love you, little man.  ~Mom





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home