Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Jolly Holiday


We're having a beautiful holiday season so far.  I wish I'd remembered to take photos while family was in town!  I was too caught up in all the fun.  Hopefully, Grampa Lou will send a few that I can post here.

All Elijah wanted for Christmas was a trumpet.  Santa came through, of course (and then some).


Elijah had so much fun creating his very first gingerbread house.  He made sure there was enough building materials by refusing to eat any of the candy, but only to discover that his uncles and aunt had less self-control than a four year old.






This Christmas we discovered Elijah can read!  Funny enough, the first word we caught him sounding out was "Santa" off of a gift tag.  Later, I tested it out with a series of three letter words and, sure enough, with a little help here and there, he really has started to read.  We can't believe it!  He only just turned four.  I swear, I totally underestimated kids until I had one myself.


Here's to new adventures and discoveries in 2010!

1 Comments:

At 1/02/2010 10:51 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Reading already! He is such a smart little guy! There is a great website that I used to use with Marcus when he was learning to read called starfall.com. Check it out sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home